This is a very good thread!

1 Like

everyone should obey all these rules
thanks for sharing with us
:star::star::star::star::star:

2 Likes

Thanks so helpful…

1 Like

They target new sellers, unfortunately. You should get fewer of them once you’ve had more sales, assuming your gigs are of professional quality.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind information

2 Likes

Thanks for the information.
But
I’m worried now, few weeks back a buyer requested my CV. I mailed him. Then I found that he was from India and was lying. He demanded few dollar before hiring me(as he said). I told him that sorry I am not gonna work with an Indian Organization.
He left.
What you think, am I safe now? CV’s haves full info, what you think…

2 Likes

Well that’s prejudiced but ok.

No one needs your CV.

5 Likes

If they send you a link ask them for jpg. If they refuse they’re scammers. If it’s really important to open the link after downloading it always open it online and not on your system (OS) so that they can’t access your keyboard info. If they ask to send them any sample before placing order, refuse!!! I am new here by the way. Just learned these from my mentor.

3 Likes

Thank you @brenna_n, and sometimes their accounts are new and it includes a link

1 Like

Very useful information. Thank you!

1 Like

Some other signs I’ve had:

• They say that they’ve worked with others on Fiverr and the work was terrible, so they hope you’ll do better.
  • They don’t fill in all the order details.
  • Within seconds of delivery, they are hitting that revision button saying they don’t like your work.
  • They ask for samples.
  • They complain about your pricing.
  • They don’t read your gig and message you several times with questions that are in your gig.
  • They mention they work with a client.
  • They say there are spelling and grammatical errors in your delivery, but fail to answer when you ask them what they mean.

Stay safe everyone!

13 Likes

LOL… Scammers will even leave a five star rating saying “communication was great and everything was on time” …then cancel the order saying it was late…THEN get a refund … :rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

Thanks for your valuable guidelines and i would like to ask that what should i do if some buyer ask or gives his identity to connect outside the fiverr. Can i have the option to report him?

1 Like

I had one give me 3 stars then try to talk to me about how they would change the review to five if I did more. I ignored them.

I had another one send multiple messages both before and after placing an order, and in every message say things that she claimed I said I would do that I do not do, and never said I would do.
Things like “So you said you are going to cast these spells for everyone in my family, thank you.”

3 Likes

Some people are crazy! I’d hate to work at a real job with someone like that.

2 Likes

Posts that have content or links that put individual regions or sellers from specific regions in a negative light may be pulled for review, edited or removed. Be careful if making any post that may make users uncomfortable due the mention of specific cities/states/provinces/countries/continents/regions or ethnic groups.

The above is from the forum rules: Forum Rules + Do's and Dont's

5 Likes

Thank you for this… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way to report them?

1 Like

helpful information.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this post, as I have my fair share of nasty experiences. Regarding your points:

They want to talk outside of fiverr

These may not all be scammers, because there are bigger corporations out there using Fiverr that require more in depth communication such as ■■■■■ calls or Google hangouts, especially so with more expensive projects. They want to know what exactly you’re providing. Sometimes fiverr has a bad rep of “cheap, low quality” work (not saying all obviously)

You are a new seller

That could be possible.

They claim to be a hr manager

This is a funny one! Never encountered this before but then again, it is highly subjective. For all we know he/she could be legit if you find out more information. You said it is unlikely credible and legit established company would hire on fiverr, I STRONGLY BEG TO DIFFER! Check out Fiverr’s press release/stakeholder documents, you will be surprised how many “established companies” utilise fiverr.

Unprofessional/rude

Couldn’t agree more, usually these go to spam basket immediately!

No Reviews

Also depends on situation. You may be the first seller they choose to work with. They may be entirely new to fiverr. That doesn’t mean they are bad, and doesn’t mean you should NOT make that money for all buyers without reviews…

Great points though! Makes me feel good knowing there’s others facing similar experiences!

2 Likes