Very new + excited

steveniadler

Hi Fiverr Friends: I’m very new as a gig seller focused on professional presentations since I have 20+ years of hands on experience.

Be great to get other sellers perspectives and suggestions for partnering with my first client.

favicon-32x32.png.3bc1a0d500f3fb675c7b87514cf62cb7.png Fiverr.com
develop-an-effective-formal-powerpoint-presentation.jpg.7f5c10cf7b1b948e8c7b2c3663c33d64.jpg

Steveniadler: I will deliver you a high impact powerpoint presentation for...

For only $20, Steveniadler will deliver you a high impact powerpoint presentation. | Our commitment is to deliver you a high impact presentation based on your expectations. Our passion begins with understanding your presentation objectives, scope,...

Remember - Our best days are right around the corner.

Thanks for reading and (hopefully) responding.

Steve

Welcome! 🙂

Just two things to be aware of on your gigs:

• You will need to remove your email address from your primary gig video, it’s against TOS to go off platform to communicate with your customers unless there is a very specific need for it.
  • Don’t offer unlimited revisions on your gig, this can be used by unscrupulous buyers to keep you working on their job literally forever so they never have to pay you for the work you have done. Limit it to a few revisions (and be clear in your FAQs what revisions can and more importantly can’t be used for).

Good luck!

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

In the Gig you say over and over “Our team”…etc Is this only you providing the service or do you really have a team? With the prices you are charging, not sure how you could pay a “team”.

I also wonder why you write your bio in 3rd person. I always feel as though that is so detached and robot like.

I would also nix the “unlimited revisions” as mentioned above. Pick a number - maybe 1 or 2 on your cheap package then say 3 to 5 on the 2nd tier package and 5 to 8 or whatever on the highest priced one. Unlimited revisions tends to scream, “I have NO idea what I am doing, and I already KNOW I am going to have to do your work over!!!”

GG

Welcome! 🙂

Just two things to be aware of on your gigs:

• You will need to remove your email address from your primary gig video, it’s against TOS to go off platform to communicate with your customers unless there is a very specific need for it.
  • Don’t offer unlimited revisions on your gig, this can be used by unscrupulous buyers to keep you working on their job literally forever so they never have to pay you for the work you have done. Limit it to a few revisions (and be clear in your FAQs what revisions can and more importantly can’t be used for).

Good luck!

Hi Jane - Thank you for your guidance. I took steps this morning to address these areas. Much appreciated and looking forward to being a part of the Fiverr Team.

Steven Adler

In the Gig you say over and over “Our team”…etc Is this only you providing the service or do you really have a team? With the prices you are charging, not sure how you could pay a “team”.

I also wonder why you write your bio in 3rd person. I always feel as though that is so detached and robot like.

I would also nix the “unlimited revisions” as mentioned above. Pick a number - maybe 1 or 2 on your cheap package then say 3 to 5 on the 2nd tier package and 5 to 8 or whatever on the highest priced one. Unlimited revisions tends to scream, “I have NO idea what I am doing, and I already KNOW I am going to have to do your work over!!!”

GG

Hi Ms. Genuine Guidance - Very helpful feedback which is greatly appreciated. I stepped back and reviewed my Profile and Gig and you’re right on your suggestions and I made those adjustments. I really appreciate your feedback since being new to the Fiverr and looking at my Profile/Gig over and over again, it was great to get another person’s perspective. So once again, thank you!

Steve

Archived